You are here
Job Chapter 24 - American Standard Version
- Why are times not laid up by the Almighty? And why do not they that know him see his days?
- There are that remove the landmarks; They violently take away flocks, and feed them.
- They drive away the ass of the fatherless; They take the widow`s ox for a pledge.
- They turn the needy out of the way: The poor of the earth all hide themselves.
- Behold, as wild asses in the desert They go forth to their work, seeking diligently for food; The wilderness [yieldeth] them bread for their children.
- They cut their provender in the field; And they glean the vintage of the wicked.
- They lie all night naked without clothing, And have no covering in the cold.
- They are wet with the showers of the mountains, And embrace the rock for want of a shelter.
- There are that pluck the fatherless from the breast, And take a pledge of the poor;
- [So that] they go about naked without clothing, And being hungry they carry the sheaves.
- They make oil within the walls of these men; They tread [their] winepresses, and suffer thirst.
- From out of the populous city men groan, And the soul of the wounded crieth out: Yet God regardeth not the folly.
- These are of them that rebel against the light; They know not the ways thereof, Nor abide in the paths thereof.
- The murderer riseth with the light; He killeth the poor and needy; And in the night he is as a thief.
- The eye also of the adulterer waiteth for the twilight, Saying, No eye shall see me: And he disguiseth his face.
- In the dark they dig through houses: They shut themselves up in the day-time; They know not the light.
- For the morning is to all of them as thick darkness; For they know the terrors of the thick darkness.
- Swiftly they [pass away] upon the face of the waters; Their portion is cursed in the earth: They turn not into the way of the vineyards.
- Drought and heat consume the snow waters: [So doth] Sheol [those that] have sinned.
- The womb shall forget him; The worm shall feed sweetly on him; He shall be no more remembered; And unrighteousness shall be broken as a tree.
- He devoureth the barren that beareth not, And doeth not good to the widow.
- Yet [God] preserveth the mighty by his power: He riseth up that hath no assurance of life.
- [God] giveth them to be in security, and they rest thereon; And his eyes are upon their ways.
- They are exalted; yet a little while, and they are gone; Yea, they are brought low, they are taken out of the way as all others, And are cut off as the tops of the ears of grain.
- And if it be not so now, who will prove me a liar, And make my speech nothing worth?
- Search Keyword in Bible
- My Verses
- Bible Multi-Read
- My Notes
|Proverbs 24:23 |
|These things also belong to the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment. |
|Job 33:15 |
|In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; |
Daily Golden Verse
|Psalms 62:1 |
|(To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David.) Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. |