You are here
Job Chapter 31 - American Standard Version
- I made a covenant with mine eyes; How then should I look upon a virgin?
- For what is the portion from God above, And the heritage from the Almighty on high?
- Is it not calamity to the unrighteous, And disaster to the workers of iniquity?
- Doth not he see my ways, And number all my steps?
- If I have walked with falsehood, And my foot hath hasted to deceit
- (Let me be weighed in an even balance, That God may know mine integrity);
- If my step hath turned out of the way, And my heart walked after mine eyes, And if any spot hath cleaved to my hands:
- Then let me sow, and let another eat; Yea, let the produce of my field be rooted out.
- If my heart hath been enticed unto a woman, And I have laid wait at my neighbor`s door;
- Then let my wife grind unto another, And let others bow down upon her.
- For that were a heinous crime; Yea, it were an iniquity to be punished by the judges:
- For it is a fire that consumeth unto Destruction, And would root out all mine increase.
- If I have despised the cause of my man-servant or of my maid-servant, When they contended with me;
- What then shall I do when God riseth up? And when he visiteth, what shall I answer him?
- Did not he that made me in the womb make him? And did not one fashion us in the womb?
- If I have withheld the poor from [their] desire, Or have caused the eyes of the widow to fail,
- Or have eaten my morsel alone, And the fatherless hath not eaten thereof
- (Nay, from my youth he grew up with me as with a father, And her have I guided from my mother`s womb);
- If I have seen any perish for want of clothing, Or that the needy had no covering;
- If his loins have not blessed me, And if he hath not been warmed with the fleece of my sheep;
- If I have lifted up my hand against the fatherless, Because I saw my help in the gate:
- Then let my shoulder fall from the shoulder-blade, And mine arm be broken from the bone.
- For calamity from God is a terror to me, And by reason of his majesty I can do nothing.
- If I have made gold my hope, And have said to the fine gold, [Thou art] my confidence;
- If I have rejoiced because my wealth was great, And because my hand had gotten much;
- If I have beheld the sun when it shined, Or the moon walking in brightness,
- And my heart hath been secretly enticed, And my mouth hath kissed my hand:
- This also were an iniquity to be punished by the judges; For I should have denied the God that is above.
- If I have rejoiced at the destruction of him that hated me, Or lifted up myself when evil found him;
- (Yea, I have not suffered by mouth to sin By asking his life with a curse);
- If the men of my tent have not said, Who can find one that hath not been filled with his meat?
- (The sojourner hath not lodged in the street; But I have opened my doors to the traveller);
- If like Adam I have covered my transgressions, By hiding mine iniquity in my bosom,
- Because I feared the great multitude, And the contempt of families terrified me, So that I kept silence, and went not out of the door-
- Oh that I had one to hear me! (Lo, here is my signature, let the Almighty answer me); And [that I had] the indictment which mine adversary hath written!
- Surely I would carry it upon my shoulder; I would bind it unto me as a crown:
- I would declare unto him the number of my steps; As a prince would I go near unto him.
- If my land crieth out against me, And the furrows thereof weep together;
- If I have eaten the fruits thereof without money, Or have caused the owners thereof to lose their life:
- Let thistles grow instead of wheat, And cockle instead of barley. The words of Job are ended.
- Search Keyword in Bible
- My Verses
- Bible Multi-Read
- My Notes
|Proverbs 22:19 |
|That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee. |
|Proverbs 24:29 |
|Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work. |
Daily Golden Verse
|1st Corinthians 15:44 |
|It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. |