You are here
Proverbs Chapter 2 - American Standard Version
- My son, if thou wilt receive my words, And lay up my commandments with thee;
- So as to incline thine ear unto wisdom, And apply thy heart to understanding;
- Yea, if thou cry after discernment, And lift up thy voice for understanding;
- If thou seek her as silver, And search for her as for hid treasures:
- Then shalt thou understand the fear of Jehovah, And find the knowledge of God.
- For Jehovah giveth wisdom; Out of his mouth [cometh] knowledge and understanding:
- He layeth up sound wisdom for the upright; [He is] a shield to them that walk in integrity;
- That he may guard the paths of justice, And preserve the way of his saints.
- Then shalt thou understand righteousness and justice, And equity, [yea], every good path.
- For wisdom shall enter into thy heart, And knowledge shall be pleasant unto thy soul;
- Discretion shall watch over thee; Understanding shall keep thee:
- To deliver thee from the way of evil, From the men that speak perverse things;
- Who forsake the paths of uprightness, To walk in the ways of darkness;
- Who rejoice to do evil, And delight in the perverseness of evil;
- Who are crooked in their ways, And wayward in their paths:
- To deliver thee from the strange woman, Even from the foreigner that flattereth with her words;
- That forsaketh the friend of her youth, And forgetteth the covenant of her God:
- For her house inclineth unto death, And her paths unto the dead;
- None that go unto her return again, Neither do they attain unto the paths of life:
- That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, And keep the paths of the righteous.
- For the upright shall dwell in the land, And the perfect shall remain in it.
- But the wicked shall be cut off from the land, And the treacherous shall be rooted out of it.
- Search Keyword in Bible
- My Verses
- Bible Multi-Read
- My Notes
|Proverbs 24:5 |
|A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength. |
|2nd Kings 21:18 |
|And Manasseh slept with his fathers, and was buried in the garden of his own house, in the garden of Uzza: and Amon his son reigned in his stead. |
Daily Golden Verse
|Psalms 62:1 |
|(To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David.) Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. |