You are here
Psalms Chapter 74 - World English Bible
- God, why have you rejected us forever? Why does your anger smolder against the sheep of your pasture?
- Remember your congregation, which you purchased of old, which you have redeemed to be the tribe of your inheritance; Mount Zion, in which you have lived.
- Lift up your feet to the perpetual ruins, all the evil that the enemy has done in the sanctuary.
- Your adversaries have roared in the midst of your assembly. They have set up their standards as signs.
- They behaved like men wielding axes, cutting through a thicket of trees.
- Now they break all its carved work down with hatchet and hammers.
- They have burned your sanctuary to the ground. They have profaned the dwelling place of your Name.
- They said in their heart, "We will crush them completely." They have burned up all the places in the land where God was worshiped.
- We see no miraculous signs. There is no longer any prophet, neither is there among us anyone who knows how long.
- How long, God, shall the adversary reproach? Shall the enemy blaspheme your name forever?
- Why do you draw back your hand, even your right hand? Take it out of your pocket and consume them!
- Yet God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth.
- You divided the sea by your strength. You broke the heads of the sea monsters in the waters.
- You broke the heads of Leviathan in pieces. You gave him as food to people and desert creatures.
- You opened up spring and stream. You dried up mighty rivers.
- The day is yours, the night is also yours. You have prepared the light and the sun.
- You have set all the boundaries of the earth. You have made summer and winter.
- Remember this, that the enemy has mocked you, Yahweh. Foolish people have blasphemed your name.
- Don't deliver the soul of your dove to wild beasts. Don't forget the life of your poor forever.
- Honor your covenant, for haunts of violence fill the dark places of the earth.
- Don't let the oppressed return ashamed. Let the poor and needy praise your name.
- Arise, God! Plead your own cause. Remember how the foolish man mocks you all day.
- Don't forget the voice of your adversaries. The tumult of those who rise up against you ascends continually. Psalm 75 For the Chief Musician. To the tune of "Do Not Destroy." A Psalm by Asaph. A song.
- Search Keyword in Bible
- My Verses
- Bible Multi-Read
- My Notes
|Proverbs 25:5 |
|Take away the wicked from before the king, and his throne shall be established in righteousness. |
|Luke 5:20 |
|And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee. |
Daily Golden Verse
|1st John 3:11 |
|For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. |