You are here
Genesis Chapter 10 - Catholic Public Domain Version
- These are the generations of the sons of Noah: Shem, Ham, and Japheth, and of the sons who were born to them after the great flood.
- The sons of Japheth were Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
- And then the sons of Gomer were Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
- And the sons of Javan were Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Rodanim.
- The islands of the Gentiles were divided by these into their regions, each one according to his tongue, and their families in their nations.
- And the Sons of Ham were Cush, and Mizraim, and Put, and Canaan.
- And the sons of Cush were Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabteca. The sons of Raamah were Sheba and Dadan.
- And then Cush conceived Nimrod; he began to be powerful on the earth.
- And he was an able hunter before the Lord. From this, a proverb came forth: 'Just like Nimrod, an able hunter before the Lord.'
- And so, the beginning of his kingdom was Babylon, and Erech, and Accad, and Chalanne, in the land of Shinar.
- From that land, Assur came forth, and he built Nineveh, and the streets of the city, and Calah,
- and also Resen, between Nineveh and Calah. This is a great city.
- And truly, Mizraim conceived Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, Naphtuhim,
- and Pathrusim, and Casluhim, from whom came forth the Philistines and the Caphtorim.
- Then Canaan conceived Sidon his firstborn, the Hittite,
- and the Jebusite, and the Amorite, the Girgashite,
- the Hivite, and the Arkite: the Sinite,
- and the Arvadian, the Samarite, and the Hamathite. And after this, the peoples of the Canaanites became widespread.
- And the borders of Chanaan went, as one travels, from Sidon to Gerar, even to Gaza, until one enters Sodom and Gomorrah, and from Admah and Zeboiim, even to Lesa.
- These are the sons of Ham in their kindred, and tongues, and generations, and lands, and nations.
- Likewise, from Shem, the father of all the sons of Heber, the elder brother of Japheth, sons were born.
- The sons of Shem were Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.
- The sons of Aram were Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
- But truly, Arphaxad conceived Shelah, from whom was born Eber.
- And to Eber were born two sons: the name of the one was Peleg, for in his days the earth became divided, and his brother's name was Joktan.
- This Joktan conceived Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, Jerah
- and Hadoram, and Uzal and Diklah,
- and Obal and Abimael, Sheba
- and Ophir, and Havilah and Jobab. All these were the sons of Joktan.
- And their habitation extended from Messa, as one sojourns, even to Sephar, a mountain in the east.
- These are the sons of Shem according to their kindred, and tongues, and the regions within their nations.
- These are the families of Noah, according to their peoples and nations. The nations became divided according to these, on the earth after the great flood.
- Search Keyword in Bible
- My Verses
- Bible Multi-Read
- My Notes
|Proverbs 25:5 |
|Take away the wicked from before the king, and his throne shall be established in righteousness. |
|Matthew 8:27 |
|But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him! |
Daily Golden Verse
|1st John 3:11 |
|For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. |