You are here
Titus Chapter 1 - Catholic Public Domain Version
- Paul, a servant of God and an Apostle of Jesus Christ, in accord with the faith of God's elect and in acknowledgment of the truth which is accompanied by piety,
- in the hope of the eternal life that God, who does not lie, promised before the ages of time,
- which, at the proper time, he has manifested by his Word, in the preaching that has been entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior;
- to Titus, beloved son according to the common faith. Grace and peace, from God the Father and from Christ Jesus our Savior.
- For this reason, I left you behind in Crete: so that those things which are lacking, you would correct, and so that you would ordain, throughout the communities, priests, (just as I also ordained you)
- if such a man is without offense, the husband of one wife, having faithful children, not accused of self-indulgence, nor of insubordination.
- And a bishop, as a steward of God, must be without offense: not arrogant, not short-tempered, not a drunkard, not violent, not desiring tainted profit,
- but instead: hospitable, kind, sober, just, holy, chaste,
- embracing faithful speech which is in agreement with doctrine, so that he may be able to exhort in sound doctrine and to argue against those who contradict.
- For there are, indeed, many who are disobedient, who speak empty words, and who deceive, especially those who are of the circumcision.
- These must be reproved, for they subvert entire houses, teaching things which should not be taught, for the favor of shameful gain.
- A certain one of these, a prophet of their own kind, said: "The Cretans are ever liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons."
- This testimony is true. Because of this, rebuke them sharply, so that they may be sound in the faith,
- not paying attention to Jewish fables, nor to the rules of men who have turned themselves away from the truth.
- All things are clean to those who are clean. But to those who are defiled, and to unbelievers, nothing is clean; for both their mind and their conscience have been polluted.
- They claim that they know God. But, by their own works, they deny him, since they are abominable, and unbelieving, and reprobate, toward every good work.
- Search Keyword in Bible
- My Verses
- Bible Multi-Read
- My Notes
|Proverbs 25:12 |
|As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear. |
|Isaiah 9:2 |
|The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined. |
Daily Golden Verse
|1st John 3:11 |
|For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. |